Wednesday 5 October 2011

Music Video Target Audience Profile


Music Video Idea & Proposal

For the music video I’ve decided to start from scratch, and I’m going to make it like a proper video with a storyline, a bit like a short film really.

Here is a profile of the target audience I will be hoping to aim the video at, though many other wider field audience may also appreciate the video.

The genre of music of the song I’m making a video for would be classed as metal, though it has some electro/synthy elements to it aswell! The style of music is influenced by bands like Asking Alexandria, Bring Me The Horizon, That’s Outrageous and many more!

My target audience will be mainly teenagers into heavy music, and that regularly go out to watch gigs, though a lot of people tend to enjoy metal music even if it is nothing like the music they are actually into. The age range of people that I am aiming the video at I would say is between 15 and 24.

The sort of movies they are into are likely to be horror movies, as these type of people tend to enjoy that sort of thing, and metal lyrics can often be linked with similar subjects to those in horror movies. They tend to dress in fairly dark clothes, and often wear tight fitting clothes and fashionable clothes.

I think the best place to promote the video would be facebook, as most people go on there, and a lot of the gothic people that may be in the target audience often sit at home on facebook for all of their spare time.

I would imagine they isten to radio 1 mainly, as they play a lot of mainstream music, but also sometimes play real music including their favourite genre, metal.

The ‘metal heads’ as they are often described, tend to look up to the members of the bands they listen to, a great example of this is Oli Sykes the front man from Bring Me The Horizon, so many people try and dress and look like him, and they really follow the genre like a cult.

I would like the video to have a story behind it, I am not quite sure what yet though, but I want it to be something dark and quite serious, as I think this will capture the audiences attention more and will get them thinking, it will also make them appreciate the song more as the video will be related to the lyrics in the song. 

No comments:

Post a Comment